Hullo (:

(,, ・∀・)ノ゛

Monday 5 November 2012

Dipper Pines (or how I'd like to cosplay him)

It's no secret I like to add realism to my cosplay, be it in the wearing of the costume, the makeup, wig or the general look. Making the characters I hold so dear looking like they came from a normal day in their endless adventures, that's my dream.
But, I ain't too good at it...which doesn't necessarily mean I'll stop, because I won't.
Dipper Pines is yet another victim of my cosplay projects, and here I'll elaborate on how I'll cosplay him, with my signature mark.




1# Clothing, how does it work and how would it look irl?
This is where I come in at full strength, I really like to add little things to costumes that will, hopefully, add realism to them.
For once, dipper's vest look really...voluminous, like it would look a bit big, making him look smaller and slightly more adorable "aww, you sneeze like a kitten".
He would kill me for this though ;-;
So for his vest, I'm going full strength...or full volume? no idea.
His t-shirt is another issue, it seems that a lot of people cosplay him with an orange one, but I see red in there...is it only me?? The perfect colour, in my opinion, would be an orange-y red.
Shorts...and that's where I'm having a bit of trouble myself.
I like the idea of him having torn shorts...but that just might make him look silly, so I was actually thinking of doing them in a light coloured blue wash, jeans, cut and then sewn into place.
Which is what I'm working on, at the current, present, holding time.

2# Wig...how does his hair work...really??
In my opinion, slightly curly, boy messy and colour accurate would be perfect.
Still working on that since I ain't got the wig yet, but Arda has a style I'm eyeing for him ~

3# Makeup, how does one makeup???
In his case? simple, boyish, NATURAL and character accurate.
I would totally enhance my nose making it slightly redder, I would also add a bit of makeup to my eyes to make them look like his, which would roughly translate in adding/exaggerating his expression lines below the eyes.

THAT WAS A COSPLAY RANT, YO!
Cosplay is meant to be a lot of fun and awesome, so have fun! Be awesome!
And no matter how you tackle a character, give it your best and do it according to your beliefs, one's opinion is vital to one's look.

HAVE FUN, I CERTAINLY DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment